Md. Alimoor Reza
Email: mdreza AT iu DOT edu
I am a Postdoctoral Associate at Indiana University Bloomington supervised by Prof. David Crandall.
I received my Ph.D in 2018 from George Mason University. My advisor was Prof. Jana Kosecka. My research focus lies in areas of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Robotics. Particularly, I am interested in the understanding of the semantic and geometric structure of a scene by utilizing the depth (e.g., Kinect sensor) and image data.
I am always excited to work in inter-disciplinary researches where computer vision and machine learning can have positive impact. Prior to joining George Mason University, I completed my MS in Computer Science from the Drexel University in 2011. I finished my B.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2007.
- June 20, 2019: Paper accepted at IROS 2019.
- April 29, 2019: Paper accepted at PAINE 2019.
- April 19, 2019: Paper accepted at EPIC workshop, CVPR 2019.
- Spring, 2019: Organizing Computer Vision Reading Group at IU.
- Fall, 2018: Co-teaching graduate course CS B551: Elements of Artificial Intelligence with Prof. David Crandall.
- Fall, 2018: Organizing Computer Vision Reading Group at IU.
- June 29, 2018: Paper accepted at IROS 2018.
- June 04, 2018: Defended my Dissertation and graduated from the PhD program. I finally can call myself 'Herr Doktor Reza'.
- May 16, 2018: Recipient of Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award , George Mason University.
- May 3, 2018: Passed the Dissertation Pre-defense of my Ph.D. Yay!
- July 25-30, 2017: Participated in Amazon Robotics Challenge at Nagoya, Japan.
- June 15, 2017: Paper accepted at IROS 2017.
- May, 2017: Recipient of ORAU U.S. Army Research Lab's Summer Journeyman Fellowship (SJF) Award, May-August, 2017.
Excited to work @ U.S. Army Research Lab (ARL), Adelphi, Maryland.
- May 17, 2017: Recipient of Distinguished Graduate Teaching Assistant Award, George Mason University.
- March 29, 2017: Awarded 3rd place in PhD Research Symposium, CS Department, George Mason University.
- January 18, 2017: Advanced to candidacy for the PhD degree.
- August 31, 2016: Paper accepted at 3DV 2016.
- July 1, 2016: Paper accepted at IROS 2016.
- June 18, 2016: Presented our paper at RSS 2016 (RSS Workshop on Beyond Geometry).
- May 6, 2016: Presented a poster at MACV 2016 (Mid-Atlantic Computer Vision Workshop).
- June 12, 2015: Presented a poster at CVPR 2015 (Scene Understanding Workshop).
- May, 2015: I am excited to join Advanced Technologies Group, SEMS Laboratory at 3M Company as a Summer R&D Intern.
- March 6, 2015: Presented a poster at MACV 2015 (Mid-Atlantic Computer Vision Workshop).
- July 12, 2014: Presented our paper at RSS 2014 (RGB-D Workshop).
- June 22, 2014: Attended CVPR 2014.
- May 15, 2014: Given a talk on Semantic Parsing of RGB-D Scenes at GMU Visual Computing Seminar 2014.
- April 18, 2014: Attended inaugural MACV 2014 (Mid-Atlantic Computer Vision Workshop).
- June 25, 2013: Attended CVPR 2013.
Automatic Annotation for Semantic Segmentation in Indoor Scenes.
Md. Alimoor Reza, Akshay Naik, Kai Chen and David Crandall.
IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2019).
Deep Neural Network Based Detection and Verification of Microelectronic Images.
Md. Alimoor Reza, Zhenhua Chen and David Crandall.
Journal of Hardware and System Security (HaSS 2019) (to appear).
Active Object Manipulation Facilitates Visual Object Learning: An Egocentric Vision Study.
Satoshi Tsutsui, Dian Zhi, Md Alimoor Reza, David Crandall, Chen Yu.
The fourth international workshop on Egocentric Perception, Interaction and Computing (EPIC)
in conjunction with (CVPR 2019) [pdf].
FarSight: Long-Range Depth Estimation from Outdoor Images.
Md. Alimoor Reza, Philip David and Jana Kosecka.
IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2018)
Label Propagation in RGB-D Video.
Md. Alimoor Reza, Hui Zheng, Georgios Georgakis and Jana Kosecka.
IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2017)
A Contact Exploitative Approach to the Amazon Robotics Challenge.
Eadom Dessalene, Georgios Georgakis, Md. Reza, Yimeng Li, Yossi Ovcharik, Amir Shapiro, Jana Kosecka and Daniel Lofaro.
Warehouse Picking and Automation Workshop (WPAW) in conjunction with (ICRA 2017) [pdf]
Multiview RGB-D Dataset for Object Instance Detection.
Georgios Georgakis, Md. Alimoor Reza, Arsalan Mousavian, P. Le and Jana Kosecka.
International Conference on 3D Vision (3DV 2016)
RGB-D Multi-View Object Detection with Object Proposals and Shape Context.
Georgios Georgakis, Md. Alimoor Reza and Jana Kosecka.
IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2016)
Reinforcement Learning for Semantic Segmentation in Indoor Scenes.
Md. Alimoor Reza and Jana Kosecka.
Geometry and Beyond - Representations, Physics, and Scene Understanding for Robotics (WGB)
in conjunction with (RSS 2016) [pdf] [arXiv (old version)] [poster]
Lymph Node Metastasis Status in Breast Carcinoma can be Predicted via Image Analysis of Tumor Histology.
Mark Zarella, David Breen, Md. Alimoor Reza, Aladin Milutinuvic and Fernando Garcia.
(Journal-Analytical and Quantitative Cytology and Histopathology)
Semantic Segmentation in Indoor Scenes from Supervised Object-Background Hypotheses.
Md. Alimoor Reza and Jana Kosecka.
Scene Understanding Workshop (SUNw)
in conjunction with (CVPR 2015) [pdf]
Object Recognition and Segmentation in Indoor Scenes from RGB-D Images.
Md. Alimoor Reza and Jana Kosecka.
Advanced Reasoning with Depth Cameras (RGB-D)
in conjunction with (RSS 2014) [pdf] [talk] [poster]
Automated Analysis of Courtship Suppression Learning and Memory in Drosophila Melanogaster.
M.A. Reza, S.D. Mhatre, J.C. Morrison, S. Utreja, A.J. Saunders, D.E. Breen and D.R. Marenda.
(Journal-Fly 2013) [pdf]
Video Analysis Algorithms for Automated Categorization of Fly Behaviors.
Md. Alimoor Reza, Jeffrey Marker, Siddhita Mhatre, Aleister Saunders, Daniel Marenda, David E. Breen.
International Symposium on Visual Computing (ISVC 2012) [pdf][video]
Automated Categorization of Drosophila Learning and Memory Behaviors using Video Analysis.
Md. Alimoor Reza.
MS-Thesis, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, 2011. [pdf][presentation]
Pedicting Lymph Node Metastasis Status Via Image Analysis of Primary Breast Tumor Histology.
D. E. Breen, M. A. Reza, B. Hu, A. Milutinuvic, F. U. Garcia, R. Polikar.
Pathology Informatics 2011. (E-poster session honorable mention award). [pdf]
Rest of the list.
- Course Work: Completed
- Qualification Exam: Passed
- Comprehensive Exam: Passed
- Dissertation Proposal: Passed
- Dissertation Defense: Passed
Advanced Courses Taken (partial)
- CS 659: Theory/Application of Data Mining
- CS 682: Computer Vision
- CS 687: Advanced Artificial Intelligence
- CS 688: Pattern Recognition
- CS 884: Advanced Topics in Computer Vision